Wednesday, November 28, 2007

wip wednesday: wee wonderfuls playset

I made these from the wee wonderfuls' "handsewing is fun" card set.
bitter betty does wee wonderfuls
I always have a pre-packed hand sewing project ready to go with me on trips, long and short.
This gang is going to be a present for my youngest niece who just turned one. The snail has velcro on his underside so he can come off his pull toy base.
What you need to make this sort of present in your spare time, is a traveling kit. Already packed and ready for action. I keep a felt animals kit and an embroidery kit packed at all times!

For felt animals include:
  • precut felt from the patterns with the pattern pieces pinned to them
  • sewing instructions
  • embroidery floss (I like mine on cardboard bobbins on a key chain ring.)
  • needlebook with pins and needles
  • ziplock baggie with poly fil
  • little beads
  • matching thread
  • pipecleaners and wirecutters (for long legged beasties, like deer.)
  • bbs ( like for bb guns) to weigh down their butts.
  • tiny sharp scissors

I keep all this in a small wicker suitcase but a cardboard suitcase is good too.

My favorite patterns are:

Futuregirl's Octophrost, Seahorse and cute sea creatures ( 5.00 and downloaded in no time)
Linus and Octophrost lovefest

The doggies from the Japanese craft book Mame Wanko
bingo for jake

The gang above from Wee Wonderfuls

For great free patterns visit the Puchi Collective.
This is a modified lamb I made last year for a swap.
snow deer

12 comments:

PamKittyMorning said...

I so love that bad Bambi. I MEAN L O V E LOVE IT.

Cassi said...

VERY cute!! The wings on the butterfly are adorable! That is such a great idea putting a pre-packed craft kit for traveling or out and about - I'll have to do that :)

Scribbit said...

Adorable--I've had to track it down and bookmark the pattern.

futuregirl said...

Thanks for the sweet testimonial! :) I want to sew more little animals from my Japanese craft books ... and you are totally spurring me on with this post.

Wendy said...

Oh, I love the caterpillar and snail!

Loudlife said...

Too, too cute! I love them, especially the butterfly. What a great idea for travel!

Laurie

Heidi Ann said...

I am completely serious when I say that the little white reindeer is one of the sweetest little things I HAVE EVER SEEN! Totally LOVE it.

zoe krylova said...

what a lucky niece. i want to walk down the street pulling that little snail. i'm trying to work up the fledgling crafter in me to make something for my little nephew. possibly gk's patchwork cat. thank you so much for the link to free patterns. awesome!

Elisabeth said...

How sweet - you have a great talent!

Bev and Ollie "O" said...

they are so lovely! I love the butterfly and the octopi! awwww

calamitykim said...

how wonderful! I love her patterns! I bought the gnomes but haven't made them yet- soon. Maybe I can just not sleep! haha! I got the purse today, and thank you, lovely Bitter one for the extra goodies. I plan to use the purse when I go shopping at Publix- Now I can defend myself in style from all those little old ladies banging their carts into me! Sheech! Florida!

Denim Jeans said...

Rabbit and Octupus looking very fabulous :) Amazed by your creativity

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...