Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Finish #14, 15, and 16: Come On Baby, What's Your Sign?

Want more details? click to enlarge

When you are on a roll with a personal challenge
but you need to take a little road trip
to see your cousin get married,
it's best to pack portable 
Finishes For Each Day.

These are part of a much bigger collection.
I'm aiming for 25+ words embroidered in sign language.
I think a wall full would look so amazing!
50 was my original goal. Perhaps I should stick to that.
But I finished one per day.
Finish A Day= Fun A Day


Hmmmmm.
Makes you wonder, doesn't it?


5 comments:

Melissa Haworth said...

I love these! Any chance you can reveal the source of your line drawings of the signs? If you say you drew them I'll be even MORE impressed! but if you found them online I'd love to try something similar but with a different signed word. Great job!

Mama said...

You? Virgo? I don't think so! Born a Libra, always a Libra...just the way I love you! (
Grandfather clause)

Kristin L said...

I get to be an Ophuichus now (although I heard somewhere teh changes only apply if you are born after 2000, which I am definitely not). However, seeing as I am always equally split on the logical/intuitive, left/right, or creative/scientific personality tests maybe there is something to this split personality sign.

Rose@craftymcgee said...

These are cool! My son took ASL for his foreign language credit all the way through high school. I think Kristin's right, these changes only happened recently - it has something to do with moving past the dawn and into the actual day of the Age of Aquarius (which I would get to be now if I was less than 10 years old).

Sara said...

Those are so neat! I love odd embroidery. I can't remember the artist, but Heather Armstrong (dooce.com) has an irreverent cross- stitch design on the cover of her book, by this creative person and I have seen her website, but can't find it right now. Ahhhh, nuts! I think you'd like it.
Happy New Year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...