Friday, April 08, 2011

Fashion Friday: This Is How It's Done!


Thank you, Better Homes and Gardens Sewing Book 1961.
Now we know how to do it, because clearly, This Is How It's Done.

I LOVE each and every one of these little outfits.
And the illustrations?
Absolutely Reek With Charm.

"Making an attractive costume is only one part of being smartly dressed.
Accessories -suitable belt, buttons, trimmings, a becoming hat,
correct handbags and shoes, attractive jewelry-
also contribute to the smart, fashionable ensemble.
.... Choose accessories that suit your personality."

What?
Not sure of your personality and how it relates to your wardrobe??
Click Here.



Here's to The Smartly Dressed.

Please... I just want to be one of them.

xxoo,
Betty
Follow my blog with bloglovin

4 comments:

Plushpussycat said...

Love these vintage photos! They are so charming! I recently pictured a book with photos of complete vintage rooms. I can't wait to use them as backdrops for my plushy vignettes!biquitym

julie (jane's apron) said...

I love that book!

Carolyn said...

Those illustrations are perfectly charming! So spare and neat!
I went back and had a look at the personality test, but it was impossible!! I think I'm the sort who like to play at trying out different looks each day...

Justine of SewCountryChick said...

I have this same sewing book and I love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...