Thursday, December 07, 2006

Frost Fairy with Tutorial

This is what I call a cheap and cheerful craft.
Everything you need may be laying about..
it takes about 5 minutes to make these cuties
and 5 bucks will probably make you 20 of them...
which would look so cute in a flock...




What you need:
white pom poms in 2 or 3 sizes
black seed beads
the tiniest amount of orange fimo or sculpey
white feathers
thread and beading needle
white glue

First make the tiniest carrots you can imagine, out of your polymer clay of choice. Bake according to directions, but maybe for less time, because these are TINY..



Next, sew the 3 pom poms together.. trim if you need to to get the shape right... but don't cut off the thread.



Then stich back through the poms and come out where you would like an eye. Thread on a bead and stitch in place.




Now push the needle out where you would like a button.. add on bead.. then back up for a second eye.. back down for a second button.. When all your beads are applied stich through the whole snowman a couple of times to secure. If you are hanging your fairy, come out of the back of the middle pom pom and leave the thread long.

Glue your arms in place with a bit of white glue. Mine are a piece of broom straw. It is hard to find a real stick small enough, they tend to look like logs.) Apply to the stick, not the pom pom itself, to keep it from getting stiff. Do the same with the carrot nose: dip in glue, glue on face.



Next, make the wings by trimming a feather to about 1 inch long...





Pull off any excess fuzzy..



and glue in place behind the sticks..



Voila.




Have fun. Leave a link on comments if you make any.. I would love to see.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

i feel better just looking at these cutie danglers

Anonymous said...

i can see that my resistance to xmas decoration is futile. I am being assimilated, dang it, and it's all you blog-diva's faults!!! LOL! :)

Anonymous said...

not really anonymous, just lazy
--sistyugler2

Darla said...

I think I'd better make some of those - they look like cousins to the felt angels I posted this morning. Wee white things.

Darla

laura capello said...

gah. those are so cute!

futuregirl said...

That is the most heavenly pompom angel snowman I've ever seen. I love the wings. Love! I think there needs to be more feathers in crafts. I'm going to start doing my part. :)

Green Kitchen said...

So sweet and funny, seems almost real.

Stacie said...

sssooooooooo cute!!

Anonymous said...

Oh she is truly delightful! and I just love the name 'Frost Fairy'!!! Good job on the photo tutorial!

You can call me Betty, or Bethany, or Beth ...Just don't call me late for dinner. said...

Thanks so much everyone!

They remind me of really cold hummingbirds with little carrot beaks!

Anonymous said...

Can I tell you how amazing these are? I have a feeling my nine year old would love to do this with me... I'll post a picture if we get to it! Thank you... so, so sweet!

Angelina said...

I have a real soft spot for pom poms, these little guys are so cute!

Anonymous said...

this is so sweet and delicate. craft store here i come. nice to find your blog and thanks for visiting mine!
louise

ruby-crowned kinglette said...

such sweet little fairies. i love them.

Kari Estrada said...

Trés goofy and cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...