Thursday, November 01, 2007

Thrift Store Thursday: Must Have Been The Fabric Fairy!

Sometimes when you thrift shop you just hit the mixed blessing jackpot.

My stash is over flowing. Over Flowing! I have really been trying hard to practice sound accumulation practices and use what I have and stuff like that; but sometimes a girl "just has the eat the ice cream while it is on her plate"...

This week the ice cream was all over my plate.

4+ yards of dark red boucle woven WOOOL:
Jackie Kennedy Suit? Long Coat? Oh man...wool! $2.12.





Slightly faded but very nice super thick barkcloth- Purses or maybe a beautiful upholstered cushion for my chandelier embellished arbor garden bench next spring?: $1.86





5 or 6 yards(?!?) of the cosiest flannel for new pj's...This stuff is so thick and fluffy! $2.12





And this lovely heavy cotton print for a new dress...There is about 5 yards of extra wide fabric so this is going to be one Honey of a frock... The ultimate in frock-ulance: $2.62





Plus all these findings: .25 each


And a vintage edition of Poe..50 cents For my Halloween display on the cabinet:





But where to stash it all? Where is the storage Fairy, anyway?

11 comments:

zoe krylova said...

wow, where do you find such great sewing stuff? i could find stuff like that at antique stores perhaps, but it would be expensive. the thrift stores around here -- salvation army, goodwill, etc. -- never have such great finds. congratulations! i can't wait to see the frock!

Chickenbells said...

WOW! What a great haul! I love it when you hit the thrift and it yields so very much...

If you run into the storage fairy...could you send her my way when she's done with you?

Heidi Ann said...

Wow! You truly did hit the jackpot! Love the red boucle, the barkcloth, the flannel- wow - gorgeous! I would have bought every single thing you did myself!

Anonymous said...

I heard there's a storage fairy going by the name "Ikea"......

Anonymous said...

holy moly. no self-respecting gal could pass up all of those treasures (gah! the beauty! the bargains!) i'm very envious, and on the verge of rudely inviting myself thrift shopping with you :)

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

such a great haul. And the Poe display--genius.

Amy said...

great finds! ooh, and that flannel!

mimi k said...

wow, fantastic haul! I love the red boucle!

Anonymous said...

This is quite the haul. And what prices! Color me envious.

Anonymous said...

What a great deal!!

jungle dream pagoda said...

I am excited to see what comes of that wonderful bird print,yes a dress would be perfect.
Love the Halloweenie display.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...