Friday, February 29, 2008

candy colored craft and a question


hi..

here is my crafty shop update pile..
(The mushroom box bunny is in there too..)
The wee fancy boxes have tiny baskets with tiny shiny earrings in them.

Stage One will be on Monday at noon...

There will be a whole Parliament of Various Owls on Tuesday at noon...

But I need some feedback from you. I decorated the baskets and now I need to know if they should be filled up or empty in the shop.
And should they be filled for ladies or kids?
I must admit I never get a decent basket anymore, since my mom quit making mine, so I am tickled to make craft baskets for big kids...

The problem I see is that a properly outfitted basket would end up in the 35.00-45.00 range, in all likelihood. Quite a splurge. But it would be overflowing with all sorts of fantastic goodness.

Hmmm.. What do you say? Be my market research team...

11 comments:

amy turn sharp said...

ll kids and big kids!

Green Kitchen said...

You could throw in a free mix tape, I mean CD, for the big kids. Don't know where that idea came from.

Sonya said...

Baskets for the big kids - yeah! And owls, oh yes owls. Parlimentary my dear Bitter one.

laura capello said...

can you a build a basket thing? like sell stuff that you can put inside the basket?

or would that be too difficult?

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing so hard here... because I have an office full of newly painted wicker I'm planning on listing on etsy---just as soon as I get decent light to photograph it!

I'd say fill them up! Your stuff is SO SO SO cool. But maybe list one or two just plain?? I've done my research on etsy, no one is really selling anything like that!

Although, Capello's idea is cool. You could list all your glorious stuff individually and let people build their own!

I don't think you can go wrong. That's my final opinion. Heh.

Angelina said...

I have to say that I would pass out from excitement if anyone gave me a Bitter Betty Basket all filled out, but sad to say no one in this house gives Easter Baskets to the grownups. It's a kid only morning.

Maddie Kertay- The Domestic Anarchist said...

It does seem to be a kid-only holiday when it comes to the basket thing.... but since we are pretty much secular bunny basket folks I am not sure I get a vote. .. seems like it would make for a swing good swap!

Maddie

My Little Family: said...

perhaps a few baskets at the higher price point and some made to rach a lower end customer.

"the shameless commerce division" - you listen to car talk too!

Anonymous said...

would it be possible/feasible to offer "custom basket filling" ? Where you offer a selection of items to go in the baskets, a selection of baskets...you could limit it to say, Pick one of three of each of these groups - the groups being the different items you create and sell - so the price goes up by the number of items added to the basket, this way someone could get a basket with just one item or lots of items depending on how much they wanted to spend. :) They're lovely BB.

pussman and co said...

i'm so sorry the upper bag is sold out! It was lovely. Did you make some more? and how much did it cost??
Bye

Anonymous said...

that bird bag is outrageously cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...