Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tutorial Tuesday: Pimp My Bunny..

It is pretty simple.
Most chocolate bunny packaging isn't all that great
if you aren't going the gourmet 27.00 chocolatier route.

are you taking about me? or my friend back there?


But lots of low rent bunnies are definitely adequate looking if you put them in better surroundings.

To "pimp your bunny" you Simply Need:
  • a clear cello bag or a sheet of cello wrap - big enough for ears, tail and gathering somehow at the top
  • paper easter grass-(Not the Flame Resistant Kind. If your kid isn't going to be smoking, the chemicals are more harmful than is the likelihood of hazardous burns..),
  • some cute little mushrooms, flowers, or pastel pussy willows or ladybugs (some small garnish)
  • and a bow.


Step 1:
Denude your bunny.

Step 2:
make a nice nest of crinkly crunchy paper easter grass and add the garnish to the front of the bag.

Step 3:
(not pictured) slide in the rabbit. Do Not Nibble.



Step 4:
crunch up the top and tie with ribbon.
I knot it, to slow the bunny munchers down a second.

step 4.5:
splay the topknot to keep the ribbon from easily slipping off.

Bunny Not-So-Extreme Makeover



Extra Dark Lindt bunny- redone with Martha Stewart cello bag and stash accessories.



Voila..
Go On!
Pimp your Bunnies, Honeys.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

You slay me... Pimp my bunny! Hee.

Casey Maura said...

what a cute idea! :)

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! This cracks me up. But it's PERFECT because my son's dying for one of those giant chocolate bunnies. I'm planning on getting him the biggest one I can find!

I love this post!!!!

village mama said...

martha s is so yesterday, your pimping rocks!

Anonymous said...

I'll pass on the bunnies, but if you can figure out a way to make homemade Cadburry Creme eggs, I will worship at your alter 4-eva!

laura capello said...

what do you mean, "do not nibble".

doesn't that ruin the whole experience?

PamKittyMorning said...

You're a genius. I would never think of actually taking the rabbit out of the packaging. Love the Extreme bunny. Very clever.

Anonymous said...

that is very clever, miss bethany!

Carrie said...

You rock! I love the bunny pimping. That would make such a fun Easter Swap.

Maddie Kertay- The Domestic Anarchist said...

Ah ha!... i thought I was the worlds only bunny-pimper. in fact truth be known I do a lot of *pimping* to elevate things to a higher visual status that suits my high-brow notions but frugal pocketbook. Too very sweet for words!

Maddie

Jona Giammalva said...

Brilliant! Who woulda thunk it?
Thanks for the great idea!

Mary-Laure said...

Peter Rabbit! My dear childhood friend! I had a cup and a little plate adorned with Fopsy Mopsy CottonTail and Peter when I was a little girl in Kenya...

Sonya said...

Pimping. It knows no boundaries. Those bunnies, they're not "redone" Bethany, I'm almost certain Martha would say they were "reimagined". I like bit about denuding.

Angelina said...

What a great idea! I just might do this for Max's basket this year.

Heidi Ann said...

I love your ideas for pimping chocolate Easter bunnies! so cute.

Anonymous said...

Look what a smarty you are!! Love it :D

Cakespy said...

This is so awesome. I am actually speechless. No prewrapped bunny will EVER look the same to me now that I know the potential... :-)

Jennifer said...

Oh, I am so all over this. No plain, homely chocolate bunnies at our house this year -- nay, never again! But it's the part about "not nibbling" when you make the transfer that has me most anxious....

Linnea said...

I am going to forward this link to our Easter Bunny! There is nothing cheesier than a basket full of cardboard boxes. There is nothing better than a pimp bunny!

Ellis said...

Here's a poem I found online that would go perfect with your cute little bunny bags. It was written by Suzanne Tillman.

I love you chocolate bunny, dear,
I think I'll nibble on your ear.
And it won't do you any harm,
If I nibble on your arm.

I don't think anyone will know
If I nibble on your toe.
Oh, little bunny, you're so sweet,
I think I'll nibble on your feet.

You're better than an Easter Egg,
I think I'll nibble on your leg.
I love you chocolate bunny so,
Oh no! Where did my bunny go?

Cute, huh? Maybe someone can use it with Easter just around the corner.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...