Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Work In Progress Wednesday: Original Design Commission

Hey All You Sizzleans!

Well, on top of being quite warm, it's been super busy, as summer tends to be, (The lazy days of summer? where did that crock of baloney come from?) so posting is getting squeezed in when it can.

Here is the work in progress today.



This is the muslin and fabric for an original design by me! It is for a friend who wanted an eyelet swimsuit cover up. The design was altered to make it a little less full in the skirt,a little shorter in the sleeves, but basically was pretty much good from the get-go, which made me very proud.


Self taught clothing designer.
I'm breaking my arm patting myself on the back.

So far, I am still not holding up my "Holiday Gift Plan", averaging about a half a gift a week, but swimsuit cover up, and strawberry jam deadlines still trump anything in far off December.

Saving You A Seat By The Pool,
Betty

8 comments:

Shelley Noble said...

You've got the designer's knack for sure. I'd wear that dress... in muslin!

v8grrl said...

virtual pat on the back from Colorado...
good job!!!
can you send me one next ;)
xo
v8

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Oooh, nice eyelet, glad you were able to find something suitable. The design looks great!

Unknown said...

That will be really fetching when you're done. Great design. You absolutely deserve the pat on the back =0)

Posh Girl Couture said...

I absolutely LOVE your blog.
I dream of sewing one day.
Keep patting! your awesome!
LOVE your blog header too (whatever you call it)
Glad I found you from Papercakes!

wonderful Inspiration!
Best Wishes ~
Joelle XOXO

Sharon Sews said...

I LOVE it -

ambika said...

Oh, can't wait to see the finished product--the prototype is so perfect.

Anonymous said...

Oh! What a marvelous design! I love it sooooooo much. You have got a fantastic talent. Thanks for sharing it.

sam


Free Satellite TV

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...