Monday, August 31, 2009

What Have I Been Doing While I Wasn't Blogging

Well, The first week of high school is over and the second week began today. I was moody but I'm going to be okay.

get smart alack kid back in school... check.

I think it is always catching me by surprise that back to school comes the same couple of weeks that canning gets into full swing.

make pickles the old fashioned way...soaked in brine at room temp for 3 weeks...
work still in progress
... pungently so.

On top of that Back To School time makes me want to get organized ( Is it that several hours of uninterrupted thought?), and it reminds me with a stinging swat that I probably won't get all the holiday gifts done before October. Harumph.
It usually makes me think of all the practical stuff that I need to do, like really build a reasonable emergency kit, catch up on my paperwork and get shots for all the pets. I expect this year will be like the past years... I'll get shots for the pets and just worry about the rest of it.

visit the ranch in inappropriate attire... check.
(The boots, aquired at the thrift store the day before, were indeed, made for walking.
the minidress-Amy Butler- not so much...)

I did make a binder to keep all the recipes and gardening tips and crafts projects I have gleaned recently. I hope it works out. Sometimes these organizational tools work out and sometimes I find them years later and think, "I only vaguely remember doing this. It made a huge mess though, and took forever. And all these articles and stuff look awful now. Yipes!"

pick garden b-day flowers for best neighbor ever... Check.

And now for one of the crafty projects that happened in the whirlwind "Last Week Of Summer/First Week of School" Blog Break:

Happy Trailers to you- Til we meet again

The old travel trailer in my back yard got facepaint. A Jacob and Betty collaboration.



It needs a whole face lift , but we could only perk it up a little.

Now we have to tackle the inside. Yes another crazy WIP to last a lifetime. Or maybe, if we get it all buttoned up and cleaned out...The Future Craft Cave. One Never Knows.

shiny thrift fabric... oooh ahhhh.

I do Know I could use the room, because the fabric fairy won't stop dropping off yardage. I am a lucky girl. Must Sew More!

12 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my! You absolutely must make that trailer a craft cave, that would be amazing. The boots are amaaazing, and that fabric looks like it should be draped from the ceiling, like arabian nights meets the circus. How magical!

futuregirl said...

Love that cute paint job on the trailer! So happy!

Shelley Noble said...

Pickle heaven, great trailer paint design! And cutest cowgirl ever.

Stickyknitter said...

Oh it is SO nice to see you again!
And I am very jealous that you got to go to the ranch. As always, you look amazing....
Are you going to see Heather at the CS or Harts? She'll be here on Thursday.

Julie H said...

You look really cute in your dress and boots! The trailer looks great. I never thought I'd be jealous of people with vegetable gardens and CANNING! But so many people are doing it lately and it's practically free food. I'm scared that I'm getting the bug ;o)

Stickyknitter said...

I almost forgot to tell you-- the trailer lloks awesome!! love love love the birds!!! will I see you at the FM tomorrow?

Blaize said...

I wore a skirt to the ranch on Saturday, with my rubber boots. I even did work in it, but it isn't as nice as your dress is....

Maddie Kertay- The Domestic Anarchist said...

ah the irony... back to school here means mom has WAY less time..the bane of the homeschooling life. Looks like you are having fun... carry on!

Maddie

Anonymous said...

Totally get the back to school inspires organization thing. Love love love dresses and boots, too. But I've gotta say, that trailer is DIVINE! I only recently discovered your delightful blog and must say we have alot in common. I'm crazy for my '65 Airstream Caravel trailer, Stella, and blog about her, too. Looking forward to reading more of you!

roxy B said...

that's a cool trailer
http://www.twolia.com/shop

Mrs Robot said...

Betty, I just wanted you to know that there's a girlie in Brisbane, Australia who seeks your inspiration daily. What a fabulous blog you have, lovey!

Jennifer said...

I'm torn -- it is wonderful that you are there, living for me the life that I imagine myself living (and therefore providing the inspiration that it really. can. be. done.), or does it somehow mean that I'm being punished (see, if YOU had only played your cards right, YOU would have an old trailer in your yard to fix up and a new/old Singer that you picked up for $20, and you wouldn't just have to read about someone else having it all). I dunno. I like you so much and I think I've tried to live a good life, so I'll just go with the 'be inspired' thing and will keep trying.... (I thought a backyard trailer would be so great for a boy for his clubhouse and his overnights with friends and his home not-so-far-away from home).
xxoo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...