Thursday, November 05, 2009

Thursday Tutorial: The Banner of Thankfulness.



please feel free to click on the pictures to make them Much Bigger.

Here's a little tutorial and downloadable free banner for Day 5 of My Personal Advent.
Why so early? Well because by the time it seems more apropos, I expect that we all will be up to our eyeballs with far more urgent stuff to do.

So I suggest, that if you have kids that craft, maybe you could make this together. And then way ahead of the game you can talk about what You Are Thankful For. And then by the time the big day rolls around and the family and friends are there and there is so much cooking and stuff to do...
you and your kids will have already reflected and that will feel great.

And if you don't have kids, make it by yourself and get done twice as fast!


 Fold the pages of a small (no longer read) paperback book
back and forth in half inch creases, fan style. You'll need 11.

 
Staple in the very center.



Trim the ends like in the picture, both curving in the same way.



 Open the fan and glue the straight side together to make a star shape.

 

 click below:

Then print and cut out or use a big punch (mine was 2 inches, scalloped).



I used tacky glue to put the letters on the front of the stars


I used a punch to put hole through one of the points of the star.


Then I threaded it all together with a large needle, threaded with old seam binding.

straighten and hang...
Happy Day 5.

I'll be off for the next 3 days I think.
Catch up on Monday!

8 comments:

Shelley Noble said...

Simply fab. Giving thanks for knowing you.

MissesStitches said...

What a great idea, Bethany! I'm thankful for all the great things you share...

Jodz said...

Thank you for sharing this. I love that you are using books to make flowers.

iamerica said...

I made mine today! It was a little rough considering I don't have a stapler and had to use brads, but I was quite pleased with the results- thanks Betty!

Jennifer said...

Very truly wonderful -- thank you! I'm so loving the early, personal advent and all the great stuff you're sharing here. Grateful for you and the time you take out of your doings to blog~~

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

I'm making mine tonight, it will look great against my green living room wall. Thanks for such a fun project!

Property Management Chicago said...

Yeah, thanks for this. It reminds me of the projects we do in school when we were kids. And I thought, yeah, why not give it a try a good. This will be nice in my kid's room. Lovely!

Paul Overton said...

So digging it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...