Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Livin' The Dream

Okay.. so Yesterday I had a perfect day.
I met with a lady about a custom necklace ( pretty lovely way to start the day)..
Then I treated myself to a GorillaPod on my way to have a full throttle Jam Packed Adventure with the dazzling and wickedly funny Sonya of Knit Sonya and her son, Cyrus.

We met at Tail of the Yak.


I induged in Embroidered Ribbon and Japanese Fruit Beetle Shells.. What I really wanted was the stuffed Emu. While we were there we actually met Anandamayi Arnold, the lady who makes the crepe paper "surprise" gifts that you might see in the current issue of Mary Englebreit magazine this month.

Next, we went Ici ... It is just around the corner. The shop is a visual as well as a gastronomical feast.



I got a caramel and chocolate cone, Sonya got a honey lavander and our wee companion enjoyed straight up chocolate in the dish.. the ice cream was Great But The Cones Were Perfect. When Sonya asked if we could take pictures the owner said"Please just write nice things on your Blog.."

Oh jeez... are we that obvious?



But really she was so very nice, and so were the treats.
It was not a big surprise when we saw Anandamayi there as well.

Into the car and off to Stone Mountain Fabric Stone Mountain Fabric store which blew my mind in all the right ways. I loved it! I was controlling myself this time and bought stuff for a project that I have coming up...




But next time i will bring a big list and all my allowance because I fell in love about 30 times in there.

The last stop before I had to tear off for home and my darling boy was The Center for Creative Reuse. Hello? Score!


I love Berkeland..( It is in the block where one city becomes the other I think.) What could be better? Crazy bins of stuff to sift through and then Gems... absolute GEMS!!!!







And who should we run into but Anandamayi! She said, "Did you go to Poppy Fabric?" "No, Stone Mountain.." Apparently she usually goes to Stone Mountain.. But Poppy was having a big sale. ( Wha?)
Okay? that was pretty funny. I guess the creative shopping circuit was successfully completed.

Thanks Sonya! Great Day.. But now back to reality!!!


And btw: the egg class was good and kinda crazy... and mostly really fun. Very Small group which worked out perfectly.
I will be posting pictures of that tomorrow with the "Non Denominational Spring Egg and Rabbit Decor" shots from our culturally mixed cabin in the redwoods.. ( My Dear Boy Jake says he is "half Jewish- half vegetarian...")

Yup, a B'lated Happy Passover to ya! (No, Not a Fan of the Gefilte Fish. I 'm definitely more of the chocolate bunny type..)

17 comments:

laura capello said...

aaaahhhhh... sounds like fun.

especially the part with all the ice cream.

ruby-crowned kinglette said...

oh, you must have laughed until you peed.... that featherish fabric is spectacular, i can hardly wait to see what you do with it...

Sonya said...

I swear she was stalking us. So much fun - Betty and Sonya Go Shopping - woo hoo!

Violette Crumble said...

Wish I was there. That ice cream store alone would make my day.

Gefilte fish is nasty, even when you get it from Zabar's. I'm all about the latkes and pierogi personally. Throw in some matzoh ball soup and I'm good to go. Skip the long readings as well please. In fact, just take me to that ice cream store and skip the rest.

Brandy said...

gee, that was a perfect day! I love reading your blog, you seem like such a cool and interesting person! Gorgeous fabric!

Isobel said...

I adore the black and white fabric, I could do so much with that. It sounds like you, Sonya and Cyrus had a wonderful day out. Thanks for the comment on my blog - the project is for my soon to be 2 year old grand-daughter and since I didn't knit the monkey, I am "toying" with the idea of knitting a dolly princess or a rabbit or monkey princess - I have until the end of May.

futuregirl said...

So much fun ... fabric and shopping and ice cream, oh my! I love your little travelogue.:) The fern fabric is to die for.

Anonymous said...

That was my perfect day!!! Well, it would have been if I had been there too! I adore Sonya! I begged for someone to go to Ici for me in a post a while back.. Thank you for going!!! Was it delicious??? I will assume so. Youa re darling as is Sonya! Wish I could have been there!!! xxo,Vanessa

Angelina said...

That sounds like a great day.

Anonymous said...

And your still breathing!? Sounds like a perfect day--thanks for photographing it. And, need I say it? Yes, I shall: HOW FREAKIN' CUTE ARE YOU??

Mom O Matic said...

What a great day, and how funny she knew you would blog!

Anonymous said...

what a day!
happy high chocolate consumption!

Stacie said...

my old hood! I used to shop The Depot all the time!!! homesick moment! looks like you had a blast!

kristin said...

gee. how could you two have been pegged for bloggers?

ok, wee bit of envy over here. you two look like you're having a blast!!

sulu-design said...

I'm jealous. Sonya is so fabulous - I want to meet her in person, Cyrus is adorable, and the ice cream sounds like perfection. A storybook day!

Anonymous said...

what spledid thrift and maker places! i need better teleporting skills!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I moved away from that area last summer and now I live in Nevady. You just listed my favorite places! OK, now I'm homesick.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...