Wednesday, January 31, 2007
The Six Things
6 wierd and/or surprising things??
Hmm.. already revealed my brief foray into nudism and communal living...
So what is left? What would be a surprise?
1) Most of the accomplishments I have attained are a direct result of sibling rivalry. Had I been an only child I would probably be a bum. I learned to cook, clean, dress better, and be friends with actual people because my little sister was already kicking my butt at these things.
2) I have been told by several people who purport some knowledge of the unknowable, or deep knowledge of me, that I have a respectable level of psychic ability. This includes Tony of the now defunct line of "Tony and Tina" cosmetics, and my loving and stable mother, as well as a couple of palm readers.
I have had a few instances when this could have been an explanation of displays of coincedence/intuition. However, it sounds strictly wacky, so I generally rely on other methods for getting ahead in life. It hasn't helped me win the lottery. However, I am considering learning the Tarot as a fall back career.
3) My bio-dad is no picnic.
He doesn't know my birthdate and had dissappeared for up to 8 years in a row while I was a kid. No Christmas cards.. Nothing. At the time, it turns out, he was a kind of "stand in" dad for a guy named Yousef. Not married to his mom.. more like the "bad role model" version of the big brother program, only like a dad. When I re-met him, when I turned 21, he tried to set me up with Yousef. If I had actually gone for it, my dad would have been like a quasi-step-father-in-law-biological dad.
That's pretty weird. Or maybe it's just creepy.
4) I watch The Lord of The Rings trilogy and all the bonus materials far too much. Star Wars too. Like a strange teenage fan-boy. I tell myself it is for the craft. Who am I kidding?
5) I think my step-dad's mom (my Grandma Hines) sends me gifts from beyond the grave. Just little" Hi, how are ya?" gifts. Like, when we moved in here, the phone book that was delivered was from Mt. Shasta City. That is where she lived. And it is about an 8 hour drive from Brookdale. I also dug up some World's Fair pottery shard in the back yard. That is where she went on her honeymoon.
Just a little shout out from Helen... "Hey, Helen!"
6) I know all the words to Hold On Loosely by .38 Special and Working for the Weekend by Loverboy...And most of the words to most of the songs in Xanadu too.. That definitely gets filed under "creepy". Have you watched that movie again as an adult. It is painful.
I don't know... I tried!!
I tag anyone who hasn't already done this..