Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Blame it on the Moon.

( note to self: I think that when you are making tiny robot needle cases..
perhaps you could have better spent your time,
I dunno, checking bloglines, cleaning the fridge or something...maybe.)

I have been crafting overtime. I have been head down, ignoring blogs that I know I want to read, in the zone, crafting. Partially, it is because of my new toy. But I also think that with my grumpy PMS downside, I get this great creative influx upside to this whole "monthly thing". Not going to create a new life?... Well, then we'll just make do with an entire farmyard of pom pon animals, robot needle cases, a new quilt, and a doll with an extensive array of accessories.

I have a couple of finished New Vintage pieces that I need to post but ever since my photographer was accused, by a peer, of being a "mama's boy" after a photography session, I am having a hard time getting into his schedule. I have a third item "In Progress" that is going to be great but stalled when I had zipper trouble. The smallest problem and I hit dead stop with some of these things. It needs to be revived though. I just need some self discipline.

I am going to be making some Sign Language Sampler Kits for my shop too. I am working on stitching my third and they are really fun to make. So far I have made Vote, Practice, and now I am working on Build.

Mrs. Home Maker will be back in Blogland in the next couple of days, because she really adored basking in all your kind comments. As do I, my dears, as do I..

Thanks!

7 comments:

kirsten schueler said...

i was reading your blog when you were commenting on my blog! yes, my dog is so pitiful in a sweet and silly way. we dress him up and basically make his life miserable, cause well its cute!
i totally understand about making something silly like a robot needle case just because! i usually do crafty things to avoid the dishes or laundry! lately during miriam's nap time the cozy unmade bed has been calling my name to curl up and take a nap. cold weather does it to me!

futuregirl said...

Robot needlecases?!?! Beep bop bee boop = I love you.

futuregirl said...

Ack ... you've got a double "http:" on the link to the Sign Language Samplers and the links not working ... you can delete this comment. :)

You can call me Betty, or Bethany, or Beth ...Just don't call me late for dinner. said...

Thanks Alice...
xxoo...

Maddie Kertay- The Domestic Anarchist said...

ohhhh, you are so right.. there is something about those *days* that makes me want to bury myself in my room and just craft. Lucky for me I am so..ummmm, hard to be around..uhh yeh.. during those days that people around here pretty much let me do that.

As for your Mama's boy.. the correct phrase is Rennissance man! ( but I bet I spelled that wrong).. my 9 year old, sews, paints, cooks AND he even installed the hardwood flooring in his new sewing studio a few weeks ago... yeh.. all by himself.

Tell him that girls really *go* for a guy that is so talented. I nearly fell over the other day at church to find 4-6 girls clustered around Greg as he was knitting a new scarf.. and I don't think he minded the *girl* attention one bit ;-)

Mary-Laure said...

Robot needlecase? I am in AWE of everything you make...
I can't wait for Mrs Home Maker to be back with new stories. Until then, I send her my kind regards.

laura capello said...

i needs (yes, NEEDS) one of them there robot thingies.

i don't care HOW long it took you to make it, it's awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...