Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tutorial Tuesday: Bowling Bunnies


yipes! are they aiming for us?

This is a fun present idea made from two rather famous online freebie patterns.
It was great, not too hard, didn't take long, (In fact- choosing the fabrics was the hardest part!)
and such a great handmade holiday present!


The Wee Bunny (x3 or x10, if you are feeling really crafty today!)
and The Purl Bee-ch Ball.

The modifications were minimal.
For the ball, no modification. I just made the 7 inch ball... It seems quite a nice size.

I multiplied the rabbits (which they were predisposed to do anyhow)
I did put beans in the bunnies bottoms to properly weight them.
I also changed their orientation ( I basically turned the finished rabbit around)
and I changed the facial designs, adding the eye buttons, for a look of mild alarm.


bunnies flipped around, and buttoned up.

But really this is a great way to use up stash and make a great wintery sport toy for the kids (mine was made for my littlest niece) or any childish grown up that you love. Frankly, I am tempted to make a set for us here, at Chez Betty... But, I think the pup would love them all to bits.

looks like a split from here...
Well,
I am still working on my Kreativ Blogger post... Amazing how time flies this time of year, what with the housekeeping, gift crafting and assorted festivities.., My bloglife just hits that back burner !

I am going to have a few great ideas to share, including the gifts my 13 year old son is crafting for his lucky recipients.

Yup, dude-craft.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bowling bunnies arrived yesterday and Kate LOVES them (so does Lauren). We are having so much fun bowling, counting how many we knocked down and practicing rolling the ball straight. Who knew it would also be an educational toy :)
THANKS AUNTIE BETH!

goosefairy said...

those bunnies slay me! especially the one on the far right. he's like "whoa dude! watch out!"

you're so clever to put these together :)

Leia said...

Oh wow I just love all the goodies you make! The gilded lace crowns are my favourite they're just so beautiful! Loving these cute bunnies too

Lauria said...

How sweet these guys are! I hope your neice loves them!

ittybittyandpretty said...

cool! what is kreative blogger? you are one of THE creative bloggers. cant wait to see 'dude-craft'. my sewing machine actually belongs to my husband! i still have to get him to put thread on the bobbin for me ;0) he is so good at it and i am not. hence my name xx

Anonymous said...

These are fab! I wish I had more time to make some more xmas gifts but with baby coming on Monday it is not to be!!

I love their look of "bunny caught in the headlights"! so cute!

Sonya said...

I love these bowling bunnies. And bloglife back burner, I would know no-thing about that.

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

GENIUS! I love that you combined tutorials!!! I'll be linking.

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious and wonderful! I've made the bunnies before, and had bookmarked the ball pattern, but never would have thought to put those two hands together and combine it into such a cool game.

And now I shall steal this idea for my own handcrafted recipients.... You're the best!

Katy said...

Love it, the "look of Alarm" is my favorite bit! well done..

Anonymous said...

Those are adorable. Would make great handmade gifts for the nieces and nephews!

Lori said...

This just made my week!! The expressions are so hilarious and the idea is so awesome! I saw the picture on the Craft blog and had to come by. Mind if I borrow your idea?

Anonymous said...

Such a great idea! The bunnies look kinda hard to make - but I would love to give this a try!

Chrissie said...

Cute idea! Love it, love it...

Bridget said...

the bunnies expressions are absolutely the best . . . and the ears really add to it . . . it's like you can almost see them twitching!

Anonymous said...

what a great idea. My kids would love it.

Yet another thing to add to my never ending list of things to make.

You can call me Betty, or Bethany, or Beth ...Just don't call me late for dinner. said...

Katy..
I would love it if you made some and even more if you send me a link so I can come check them out!

Natalie said...

So cute,
so fun,
so creative.

great gift

If Wishes Had Wings... said...

Adorable! I love the fabric you chose.

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

Those are adorable!!!

♥ visit me at www.afiori.com

Taco Man said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kristin said...

oh, now, this just looks like too much fun!! and who's/what's on the back burner says she with 1000+ unread blogline posts...xxx

Anonymous said...

These are so cute! I am afraid our Puggle would love them to pieces, which would result in death. But, I am going to make a set for a friend who has young ones and not dogs!

日月神教-向左使 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ahmed Khan said...

I’m really amazed with your posting skills as well as with the layout on your blog site. Is this a paid style or did you modify it yourself? Either way keep up the pleasant quality writing, it is rare to see a great site such as this one these days.I recently came to know about http://toysuae.com/, their Sport Toy are very effective.
Sport Toy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...