Okay here are the first two pages of my new favorite:
A How-To Sewing Comic!
(another Perfect Gift from my pal Lindy!!)
(Click on the image for a bigger version.)
This Sally Stitch does not mess around! There are great Sewing Kung Fu moves in this and I hope to republish a chapter a week for all you new New Vintage sewing novices out there!
My favorite lines?
"Remember- Clothes are an expression of your personality." ( All the vintage wardrobe and charm books have really covered this extensively. In fact there appear to be only about 6 personalites out there for women of the mid century era.. but more on that later. Including a handy "Clothing Personality Pigeonholing Chart" for you to use at home!)
and, of course, the line on the first page: " And there's extra money in the budget Thanks to my new sewing machine Know-How..." Is this lady gunning for an evening out in the cute little suit or wha-at?
Looks like if the Hub won't spring for some spring rolls the wolf whistling paper boy might be willing!
and finally without further ado:
the 7 things me-me ( brought to you by Christelle at http://makingthingslady.blogspot.com/)
1) My middle name is Paige. That could make me Betty Paige but since my first name is really Bethany, that would be stretching it... and besides that name is already taken.
2) I am the eldest sister in my family; There are also Sarah, Lassen, and Amelia.
3)My favorite color is usually red. but I waffle.
4) I like to "cook big" for company, but for general dinners I am remarkably lazy.
5) I used to be as obessessed with my garden as I am with sewing.. but the deer jaded me.
6) I have read 10 books already this year... not counting sewing and craft books which I really skim, more than read.
7) I am just dying to print my own fabric. I picture a lino block/ silkscreen/ batik party with clothes lines draped with gorgeous one of a kind fabric. I think about it about 3 times a day for the last few weeks.
I tag: umm, whomever wants to play.
My next meme is the "Origin of Your Child's Name." and i will get it done very soon..
But now.. off to "save money" at the fabric store!