Wednesday, April 16, 2008

WIP Wednesday: What's Up These Days at My House

I am working on the dress for my anniversary date. Nearly done, but I am having trouble with the "removable collar." It is basted in when you want to wear it , which is fine, but I am having such a hard time getting it centered properly. I have re-basted 3 times. I would love an adjustable dress form. That would have really helped.
I have a beautiful dress form ,
but she and I can't share clothes.


Lemons are in season, I've been collecting.


The gardening is falling a bit behind.. These are for my pumpkin patch.
Today marks the 3rd day I have planned to get them in the ground.

This is why I have been collecting lemons. Stage 1 Home made Lemoncello, Now I patiently wait for 4 weeks for stage 2 of Homemade Lemoncello. If this batch comes out well, this will be a Handmade Holidaze 2008 project.
You can start trying to get on my good side now.

And I hope to cut out a New Vintage dress...
I washed and ironed and there's still daylight!

11 comments:

My Little Family: said...

Lemoncello? I will have to Google it. Love the fabric inthe vintage dress comment.

Stacie said...

great photos.. and you are pretty (trying to get on the good side).

Amy said...

wow, you are a busy gal. i can't wait to see the anniversary dress!

Christina said...

oh, I adore limoncello! I miss the days of growing up with a lemon tree in my backyard in Phoenix. I hope you will share limoncello advice when it's all over.

Stickyknitter said...

ahhhhh...I love "Limoncello!" Skye makes it for us and it's always so good to sip after a nice dinner. I have 2 adjustable dress forms if you'd like to switch for a little while--that way you could get you newly old dresses put together correctly. I have some other ideas too-- give me a call or stop by the shop.

Dot said...

you have a good limoncello recipe i take it? i've been wanting to try making it...

cheers,
dot

kristin said...

some great macros...

please share how the limoncello turns out!

Hyena In Petticoats said...

Everything you've been making looks bloody gorgeous.

I spent a good section of last night cutting out a blouse pattern only to snip the fabric in the front panel when cutting my tailors tacks. fuck it.

I'm coming to your house for removable collars and limoncello, ok?

(have you thought about making one of those duct tape models? I'm thinking about tackling on soon - I'll let you know how I go)

Leah xxx

ruby-crowned kinglette said...

i would give my right arm for a lemon tree... maybe even both arms.

your are looking very pretty today... and smell nice too.

Our Hands For Hope said...

Make sure to post your dress when your done!
Terisa

Maddie Kertay- The Domestic Anarchist said...

Can't wait to see the dress... love the colors.

maddie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...