Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Vintage Sewing Tips for Back to School

Okay, seriously? How cute is this article with their kitschy-koo adorable poses? 
They look like they are about to burst into song or something!
And if you look closely you can see they clearly prefer the shirtdress with the black skirts over top!
This is from the August 1954 issue of Everywoman Magazine, 
discoverd at my favorite thrift store yesterday.

We just don't really do this kind of multi-tasking layered garment stuff like they used to.
Maybe if the economy doesn't recover it will find itself back in fashion.
The article itself has some nice easy embellishing  ideas and some vintage machine attachments demystified. So make sure you click on the images to enlarge and print them out! 
(If you are into that kind of thing...)

6 comments:

Heidi Ann said...

Cute!

Amy said...

I love the backdrops!

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

I want #4771.

Maddie Kertay- The Domestic Anarchist said...

lordy... I think I might have to frame that... it totally cracks me up!

maddie
www.freshstitches.blogspot.com

Pat said...

I certainly enjoy your posting this vintage stuff. I was so impressed with the tips in magazines when I was growing up and learning to sew. I thought it was Bible info. and I would tear it out a save it. But the clothing always kinda gagged me.

wej said...

great!


OfEagles'>http://www.ofeagles.blogspot.com">OfEagles blog
Musings'>http://www.pastowej.blogspot.com">Musings

=)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...