Wednesday, June 30, 2010

WIP Wednesday: The Hat in Question


As I'm teaching myself how to use Photoshop, I have hits and misses with my concepts.  
Sometimes the actresses and Burlesque stars have something clear to say 
and sometimes they are just esoterically whimsical. 
This young lady was the latter of the two.
But whether they come together easily or not I have so much fun doing this that I forget myself entirely and will tweak and nudge the pieces for hours, if not interrupted.

I'm reading a great book on creativity by Ken Robinson, called
The Element. 
So far ( I'm a third of the way in) it's about finding something that combines your talent and interest, so that you can find that unique endeavor that makes time cease to exist. It is then that you are in 
"your element".
What puts you in your element?

2 comments:

Amy said...

That is an interesting question. I will have to look for that book. It sounds like a good one. I wonder what my element is...

Sara said...

Painting. And it has been depressingly long since I last painted. But when I paint it is like my body is buzzing all over. In a good way. Glad you are having fun with Photoshop!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...